Tuesday, February 1, 2011

We have a waver!

Remember how I said that it's something new every day with Adelyn? It's so true! I can't believe how much she's learning! It is amazing that when babies start learning and catching on to new things, they catch on to new things more and more... And they do something new literally every day! It is so exciting and fun to wake up each morning and wonder what she'll do next!

Yesterday morning, when I was leaving my mom's house to go to work, Adelyn waved bye-bye to me for the first time! She had been waving for a couple of weeks, but not for any particular reason; she just liked moving her hand that way, I guess. But yesterday, I said "Bye-Bye" to her as I was walking out the door, and she waved at me! I was so excited! Of course, I told everybody at work when I got there. They are so sweet; they were excited to hear about it! Then, I decided to go to my mom's on my lunch so I could visit with her and Adelyn for just a few minutes. {Side note: It is SUCH a blessing that my mom is able to keep my sweet baby girl! God had His hand all over this... I work in the same town that I grew up in, and my parents still live there. So all I have to do is drop her off on my way to work, and pick her up before I go home! My mom brings her to see me anytime that she has to run errands in town, and my parents' house is close enough to my work that I can go see Adelyn on my lunch break if I want to! It is a fabulous arrangement, and I love it! We are so blessed... But back to the story.} Adelyn joined us at the table while I ate leftovers from Sunday night supper, and we played just a little bit before I left. This time when I left, she waved again! But not only that, she also said "ba-ba-ba-ba"! It was the sweetest thing!

No pictures of Adelyn waving yet... But I do have a picture of the two of us doing something we both love to do--READ! I think she is going to be a reader like her mommy! YAY!




This is such a fun age... Hey, speaking of age, Adelyn will be eight months old in two days! WHAT?!?!


No comments:

Post a Comment