Saturday, January 29, 2011

I've been needing a day like this...

Ahh, what a fabulous day! It was fantastic. We haven't had a day like this in quite some time! For starters, the weather was nice enough to get out and play! So after breakfast, Tyler and I dressed Adelyn and took her for a ride in her stroller (another one of her favorite things), and we played at the neighborhood playground. Adelyn loves the swing. It is just so much fun to watch her face as she swings back and forth. She gets all excited and laughs on her way forward and catches her breath and relaxs on the way back. Too cute.

Tyler washed both our cars (Thanks, Tyler!!!) before lunch, and we got ready for our date. We had a wonderful baby-sitter lined up (Thanks, Mama!!!), so we had planned a fun and productive evening for ourselves. We went out to eat, and Tyler let me choose where... So naturally, we ended up at The Cheesecake Factory! Oh, how I love the Dulce de Leche caramel cheesecake! I should have taken a picture, but being the inexperienced blogger that I am, I didn't think about it until afterwards. Oh well, you've been there, done that... But if you haven't ever had the Dulce de Leche cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory, do yourself a favor and splurge! It is unreal. So, so yummy.


From there, we went shopping! This was so exciting for me, because Tyler does NOT like to shop. It's a very rare occasion that I can talk him into going with me, but today it was his idea! He has been needing some new clothes and dress shoes for work, so we headed out on our mission. It was great... We got him three new suits, two new dress shirts, three pairs of dress slacks, one new polo, and a super-good-looking tie. If any of you know Tyler very well, you know that this was a VERY productive shopping day! We actually bought things! Lots of things! We are both excited about these additions to his wardrobe... The only thing he is still in dire need of is shoes. We just couldn't find the perfect two pairs that he needed.

Adelyn, on the other hand, has a new pair of shoes for her closet, and I am so excited about them! Her first pair of cowgirl boots... But she won't be able to wear them until the fall. I couldn't resist taking a picture of them for all the girls who might be interested:

Are those not the most adorable boots you have ever seen?! AND they were on clearance!!! I was downright giddy when we left the shoe store.



To top off our date night, we came home to watch a movie for the first time in--well--a REALLY long time. Tyler and I are not movie people at all. We have been to the movies together ONE time. Ever. And that was at least two years ago... Maybe more. I have been wanting to see "Inception" since it was released in theaters, but never took the time to go see it, so Tyler was thoughtful enough to rent it for me from the Red Box at Wal-Mart last night! We snuggled up on the couch and watched it before turning in. Let me just say, "Wow." That movie is crazy and brilliant! I want to watch it a couple more times to catch all the details that just get missed the first time around, but my brain needs a little bit of a break before I can do that again. It definitely lived up to the hype that surrounded it when it was first released. I love movies like that, the kind that make you think.

Okay, it's late. Way past my bedtime now, so I will be going. Thanking the Lord for a great day! Playing with my sweet baby girl, good food, quality time with Tyler, shopping, SHOES, a good movie... I would call that a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are doing a blog. I'm following you so please follow me too so we can keep up with each other's posts. :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the boots! AND I can not believe you have been to the movies one time. That is crazy! Inception was a brain teazer..and pretty good. Saw it while I was preggo. Love the blog..keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Love the blog, Autumn! I've been wanting to see Inception...will be visiting the RedBox for it really soon!!!

    ReplyDelete