Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I love short work weeks!

So I have time to blog tonight... Princess Adelyn is sleeping sweetly, and her daddy is on his way home from the Bama-Auburn basketball game (Roll Tide), and I am lounging in my PJ's. God has been so good to me. I can't say that enough. Look at this precious memory I snapped last night:

Adelyn LOVES books. I love that she loves books. And I love it when her daddy reads to her. Such a sweet picture, isn't it? Oh, in other Adelyn news... She has her third tooth now! She has had her two front bottom teeth since Christmas, but she now has her first top tooth! Interestingly, though, it's not one of the two front teeth... It's the one to her left of the front two teeth. I wonder if that's common....? Hmmm...

I have a short work week this week... Yippee!!! I worked my usual Monday and Tuesday shifts, but I am off the rest of the week. I would normally be working Friday night, but the marriage conference at Church of the Highlands is this weekend, so I took vacation! I am so looking forward to it! I have never heard Joe McGee speak in person, but I have a feeling I will laugh a lot and learn a lot! Last year's retreat was awesome, so the bar has been set pretty high... But I am certain I will not be disappointed.

So, a few days off means lots of time to work on projects and stuff! YEA!!! Adelyn and I went shopping this morning to get a couple of things to finish my window project. The weather was once again gorgeous, so Adelyn got to ride in her stroller a lot. It's funny, because now that she is sitting up so well, she doesn't want to lie back in the stroller the way she's supposed to. So she sits straight up with no backrest and smiles and talks to everyone we encounter. She makes so many friends everywhere we go. It would seem that she may be more of an extravert than her mommy. We have quite the social butterfly on our hands. Oh, I love her so much!!!

While we were out, we went to Hobby Lobby. My Grandma Jenny is the most fantastic quilter in the entire world. For real. She makes the most beautiful quilts I have ever seen, all hand-pieced, all hand-quilted. She does it the old-fashioned way, and they are just simply amazing. When I was a little girl and spent the night with Grandma, she was always working on a quilt. Back then she taught me how to sew, but I did very little of it. But for the last several years, I have wanted to learn to make a quilt. Not with a machine, but the way Grandma Jenny does it. So I asked her last week if she would help me make a quilt so I could learn how, from start to finish. She said she would teach me to make a quilt if I would get my own fabrics, to be sure that I liked the colors and patterns and such. So I bought most of my fabrics today! Not all of them came from Hobby Lobby... Some came from the Ashville House Quilt Shop, not far from Oneonta. But here's what I got:

I am making a blue and brown quilt... Can you tell??? The backing, border, and the background (there's a special term for the background, but I can't remember it now) will be off-white. I have very special plans for this quilt, but they are top-secret, so I can't share them. But I bought extra fabric, just in case I love it so much I decide to make two! Ha!

Guess what else I found! A sweet little consignment shop in Ashville, when I was on my way to the quilt shop. I got these cute dresses and sweater for Adelyn:


They are all Gymboree, and they all had the tags still on them! Only the white and blue one is small enough for her to wear this spring/summer; the others are for next fall and winter! I love a good bargain.

Tomorrow will be another fun day; I can feel it! I'll be working on my window again. I think I'll have it finished by tomorrow evening! However, I still haven't decided which of the many blank walls it will adorn... So we have some decisions to make here at the Lowros house. We may have to find some of the furniture pieces we are missing before we know where the window will look best. But hopefully that'll be soon.

Off to bed now! My alarm clock (Adelyn) will go off at 8:00a.m., whether I get my nap out or not! Good night and be blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished quilt! My great-grandmother quilted, and I think they are just the best things ever!!! We'll be at the marriage conference this weekend too...see yall there!!

    ReplyDelete