Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy Weekend

What a beautiful weekend we have had!!! Hasn't it been just outrageously gorgeous?!?! Such a beautiful gift from God! I hope you enjoyed it as much as the Lowros family did! Here's a glimpse of what we did to take advantage of the pleasant weather...

Saturday morning, I woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep... Which is absurd, because I didn't get home from work until after 11:00 Friday night, and then didn't fall asleep until nearly 1:00. But oh well--the inability to sleep allowed me to get an early start on the pretty day, and I threw on some jeans and headed out to find some yard sales. I was hoping to find something used that I could turn into something fabulous for all those projects I wrote about on Friday... Not a whole lot of luck finding the kinds of things I set out looking for, but I did get a brand new Venus Divine razor still in the package, and a couple of unopened bottles of the kind of body wash and that Tyler likes to use, so my time was not wasted. I stopped to get breakfast for Tyler and me at Chick-fil-A on the way back home, and I got in the house just in time to get sweet Adelyn out of her crib as she was waking up at 8:15! I just LOVE seeing my baby girl when she is just waking up in the morning. I think that's when she's her sweetest!

After eating and feeding Adelyn, we headed up to Oneonta to spend the rest of the weekend. Tyler helped Ashley and Phillip work a little bit in the building they have bought and will be turning into her optometry clinic as soon as she gets her license later this year, but since I had Adelyn, we had a girls' morning together. First we went to my Grandma Jenny's house, and then we did a little bit more "yard sale-ing", as people in Oneonta like to call it. Adelyn racked up on that trip! A couple of new toys that cleaned up nicely with a Clorox wipe, and she was tickled pink! Still nothing fun for my house projects, though... We met Tyler, Ashley, Phillip, my parents, and Phillip's parents for lunch, and then my mom and Adelyn and I headed back out for just one more yard sale... So glad we did! Besides the 48-inch inflatable beach ball (still in the original packaging) and the beautiful wrapping paper that I got, I also spotted this little treasure (well, it's actually a pretty large treasure):

A real-deal wooden window! I didn't mind the yucky cardboard backing (it had obviously gotten wet somehow) with the dried flowers glued to it, because it was only stapled on there, and it was already starting to pull away from the frame of the window. So that's what it looked like when I bought it, and this is what it looked like after I took the backing off:


Not bad, huh? A beautiful window in really good shape! I have big plans for this window. (I have already started working on it, but it still needs a few finishing touches before I use it to fill an empty wall. I won't post any more pictures of it until it is done, but hopefully that won't be long!) I just have to decide where to put it. As you can tell from the pictures in my last post, I have bare walls in the foyer which are in dire need of something pretty. But there's another wall that needs something big on it as well. It's the wall opposite the windows in our master bedroom. I realized after posting those photos Friday that I had left that entire wall (which is loooooong and blank) out of the photos. It wasn't visible in either one! Trust me, though... It needs help. So anyway, I'll keep you posted on the window project progress.

A quick ride on the Kawasaki Mule with Tyler and Adelyn (it put her right to sleep), a trip home to Kimberly for Daddy and Tyler (to transport Tyler's new toy--his dirt bike--to Oneonta where he has more fun places to ride it), dinner at Catfish Cabin in Albertville with my Mama and Daddy, and then we all came back to their house and called it a day.

I spent most of today out in Daddy's shop (with the big door open to let the pretty weather in)working on my window while Mama enjoyed Adelyn's company, and Daddy and Tyler rode the dirt bike and the Mule. When we got back home tonight, we were all three exhausted but feeling so loved after a gorgeous, fun weekend. God has been so good to us, hasn't He?

Have a great Monday, everybody! The weekend was over too soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment