Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I'm too young for this...

Along with the countless absolutely wonderful changes that have taken place in my life since I found out I was pregnant with my sweet Adelyn, there is one change that has not been so fabulous: Gray hair. A lot of it. I mean, before I got pregnant, I would find a gray hair every once in a while, but nothing like this. For the last month, I have noticed a drastic increase in the amount of yucky gray hair that seems to like to grow around my temples. It is kinda embarrassing, you know?

So today I did one of my most favorite things in the whole wide world... I got a hair cut! AND color! For me, having my hair messed with is the most relaxing feeling possible. I love it! It's right on up there with watching someone draw and/or write. (I LOVE watching people draw or write. It's one of those things that just puts me in a very peaceful state where I could almost go to sleep, but I won't because I don't want that feeling to go away... But that's another story for another time. And yes, I know you all probably now think I am weird...er.) Hair appointments are like a special kind of therapy for me. And today I had an extra-long appointment since I needed so much done! For the first time, I got both highlights and lowlights. Very subtle, but enough blending to hide the grays and hopefully prevent them from being so obvious when they rear their ugly heads again. I feel like a new girl!

So, all you other mommies... Did you notice a change in your hair after you had your babies? Or am I just special? :-)

1 comment:

  1. i've had gray hair for a while now. that's why i always have color in my hair. :)

    ReplyDelete