Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy Early Valentine's Day!

I could get used to the kind of weekends we've been having lately! Today was another splendid Saturday! Tyler and I woke up this morning to the sweet sounds of a gorgeous eight-month-and-two-day-old girl chattering in the room across the hall. Soooo much better than an alarm clock! Even if it was slightly earlier than I would have liked to be getting up... But only slightly. Tyler got up and cooked breakfast (yes he did... and it was yummy!) while I played with Adelyn for a few minutes and then fed her some pears and oatmeal (one of her favorite breakfasts). It was while I was playing peek-a-boo with Adelyn that Tyler noticed it was snowing!!! (If you know me very well, you know that I am probably snow's number one fan. I will never, ever, EVER get tired of snow! I know we've had more of it this year than usual, but I will never grow weary of that beautiful white stuff... It is just so pretty! And of top of that, it really does remind me of how much Jesus loves me and what He did for me! Isaiah 1:18 says, "...Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow..." Isn't that great news?!?! Call me silly or romantic or dramatic or what you will, but I kinda believe in my heart that one of the reasons God created snow is so that He could remind us of His love for us!)

Okay, that was a long parenthetical statement... I get sidetracked. Sorry... Back to this glorious Saturday. The snow didn't stick, and it didn't last all day, but it was enough to make me giddy anyway! After breakfast, Tyler took Adelyn to Tuscaloosa to visit his parents while I went to my friend Sheri's house to play with make-up! She is selling Mary Kay now and needed some guinea pigs to practice on. It was great; I didn't even have to put any make-up on to go to the party, because she had everything I needed there!

Since Tyler and Adelyn were still gone when I left Sheri's house, I had a rare opportunity to do some shopping--by myself! So, of course, I did just that. And I had such a good shopping day! I found some great deals and sales on things I have been wanting and needing, and Tyler bought me the perfect Valentine's Day present--a new watch, which I have been needing for a long time! (He found out about it later! Haha!!! He was actually pretty excited about that, because he got the thanks, but he didn't have to do the shopping.) AND it was on sale! AND I had a coupon! Perfect! Here's a picture of it; didn't Tyler do a good job?!?!

I love it! I'm going to go ahead and start wearing it, even though it's a little early.

Good news! Just as a follow-up to last Saturday's post, we found Tyler the two pairs of shoes that were all he was lacking after last weekend's shopping trip for him. (He and Adelyn joined in on the sale fun I was having as they were on their way home from Tuscaloosa.) Now he has something different to wear to his finance committee meetings! YAY, Tyler!

Later on this evening, Tyler and I watched some college basketball while Adelyn took a nap. Duke won big, which always makes us smile, and Bama beat Tennessee, which also always makes us smile, regardless of the sport. (That's not a very good attitude, is it? I must confess that while I would consider myself a huge Crimson Tide football fan, I much prefer Duke basketball to Bama basketball. Still, as a Bama fan overall, it is good to see the Tide beat Tennessee. But I love all of my friends who are fans of the Vols! You know who you are! Please don't be mad at me.)

More play-time with Adelyn, then supper, and THEN... I did something I haven't done since looong before my sweet baby girl was even on her way. I went to the gym. Yes, I did. It's time to lose those last few pounds that have long overstayed their welcome. They are a stubborn few pounds, but then again, if I don't work to get them off, I can't complain. Or I could complain, but it wouldn't do any good; it'd be no one's fault but my own. Up until this point in my life, I have never been good at exercising on a consistent basis, but with the Lord's help (and an accountability partner--Sheri), I believe I can do it this time! Prayers are appreciated!

Off to sleep now! Exciting day tomorrow! Church of the Highlands celebrated its 10-year anniversary this week, and tomorrow's service (as well as all the other services this month) promises to be a very special celebration with surprises all around! Plus, the Lord will be there! I am excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment