Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Well Hello, March!

Oh my goodness gracious! It's March already?!?! This is crazy! But I am enjoying every minute...





It looks like spring may be here to stay in our little corner of the world. Everywhere I look, there's something blooming! Here's a look at the pretty pink blossoms on the trees lining the walkway at the clubhouse in our neighborhood:


And then some wild daffodils growing on the side of the road:


And the tulip tree at my parents' house is blossoming, too!


The God I serve is an artist! Isn't He brilliant? Look at those colors! Every season is a new masterpiece! I just love to watch the seasons change!

So... There's lots going on for our little family these days! Tyler and I attended the Ignite Marriage Conference at Church of the Highlands this past weekend, and it was wonderful! We had some great worship...



And we heard from some fabulous speakers!



(Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of Jimmy Evans...)


Jimmy Evans, founder of Marriage Today, and Joe McGee (pictured above) shared practical, powerful, and Biblical truths about marriage the way God intended it. It was so much fun, too! We got to see a lot of friends, we learned a lot, and we laughed a WHOLE lot! If you ever have the chance to hear either of these two amazing speakers, do yourself a favor and take advantage of the opportunity! There's always something new to be learned and applied in a godly marriage. Tyler and I will be lifelong learners in this course called marriage, and we will take all the help we can get! We always want to learn to love each other better, so that when we are old and gray, we can say we still passionately love one another... Maybe even more passionately than we did almost three years ago, when we said "I do"! Haha!

Adelyn is doing new things every day! It's going by so fast... Just some of her latest developments:


She's saying "Da-Da", "Bye-Bye", and "Paw Paw", and she will be crawling any day now. She gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth, but so far no coordinated movement forward. Backwards, she can do. But that's really more "scooting" than anything else, I think. She just has to figure out how to make her hands and knees work together to move her from place to place. But it won't be long! She also loves standing up! She stands at the ottoman and plays with her toys and the remote controls for as long as we will let her. And she loves to walk around the house with us holding her hands. Last night, she and I were walking to the bathroom to get her in the bath, and Tyler walked past us from behind. When she saw him walking in front of her, she practically started running to try to catch him! It was so sweet! She's a cutie!

This picture was taken tonight, as she was enjoying her nightly "jumping time":



Thanks to Drew, Sheri, and Elaina Allison for sharing Elaina's equipment with us! She sure has enjoyed this jumper and the swing that she still takes a nap in from time to time, both of which belong to Elaina.

I need to be heading off to bed now... I don't have to work at my real job tomorrow, but I have so much that I need to get done, since I will be working a 12.5-hour shift far away from home on Thursday! Good night, everybody, and be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment