Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Splish Splash

Umm... So, the milestones are coming and going mighty quickly these days! Sweet Adelyn is doing so many new things! It's unreal... Since it's been over a week (I think) since my last post, I guess I have some catching up to do. Last week was a long week for me at work, so there wasn't much time for playing. But the weekend was another story!

We again had gorgeous weather, so on Saturday afternoon, Tyler, Adelyn, and I headed down to the big city of Maylene to visit my sister and her husband Phillip. Adelyn LOVES hanging out with her Aunt Ashley ("Ash-ee"). And since it was so pretty outside, we thought it'd be the perfect time to pull out the swimsuit and swimming pool! Not for us--for Adelyn! Is this not the cutest little swimmer you've ever seen?


It was nearly 90 degrees outside, and Adelyn splashed and splashed for about 45 minutes or so, just loving the lukewarm water Ashley transported from the bathroom to the patio for Adelyn's new $5.00 whale swimming pool from Target.


Later that evening, we all (Ashley, Phillip, my parents, Tyler, Adelyn, and I) ate at Texas Roadhouse, where Adelyn enjoyed her first bites of yummy Roadhouse rolls and ribs! That baby girl loves to eat, whether that love for food is reflected in her size or not!


Other new developments include showing Mommy where her (Mommy's) nose and teeth are and saying "teeth", pulling herself up to a standing position in her crib (which forced Tyler to lower the crib mattress to avoid any scary falls), walking around furniture while holding on to it, and CRAWLING! Over about the past week, she had graduated from rocking back and forth on her hands and knees to attempting to take a few strides in crawling mode, which usually ended in either a lunge forward that landed her on her belly, or a shift to one side to return her to a sitting position. But as of yesterday (Monday), she is crawling for real! She won't do it for just anything just yet... But if you put a snack on the opposite end of the rug, you better believe she's crawling to it, and laughing all the way! It's so fun to watch. I actually haven't been able to see her crawl much, since I have had to work all day yesterday and today and my mom has had her, but I am off work tomorrow, so I'm anxious to see how mobile she will be. What next?!?!



Adelyn's Aunt Ashley (who will be graduating from optometry school in about a month) bought her some cool shades! We're trying to get Adelyn used to wearing sunglasses outside. We don't want her to have to have pterygium excision surgery at the ripe old age of 25 like her mommy...



So long until next time! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment