Saturday, March 19, 2011

Wanting More? I Am...

About a year and a half ago, my precious friend Ruthie introduced me to the teachings of a woman by the name of Sylvia Gunter. Sylvia is the founder of The Father's Business, a Birmingham-based ministry that develops and distributes materials on the topic of prayer, for the purpose of helping Christians grow in intimate relationship with our Heavenly Father, His Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. I own three of Sylvia's books, and they have revolutionized my prayer life and the way that I pray in general. (Ruthie taught me a great deal about prayer herself. But she also led me to these incredible resources that I am talking about.)
I subscribe to a weekly devotional that gets sent to my e-mail inbox on Wednesdays, and each week's devotional is an excerpt from one of Sylvia Gunter's prayer manuals. The devotional that appeared in my inbox two Wednesdays ago was so encouraging to me (and I have been thinking about it ever since then) that I wanted to share it with you. Since all of Sylvia's work is copyright-protected (although she is generous with granting permission to use and reproduce parts of her resources) and I am unsure how copyright laws affect the blog-world, I am just posting the link to that particular day's devotional, instead of copying and pasting the parts I wanted to share in my blog entry. PLEASE click on the link and read it... You won't be sorry.
The title of the devotional is Do Not Disturb.
So did you click on the link? Did you read it? Wasn't it GREAT?! God is so good, isn't He? He sends us what we need, when we need it!
You can subscribe to this weekly devotional at the ministry's website, which I have linked below. I would encourage anyone who wants to go deeper in his or her personal relationship with our Creator to visit the ministry's website at www.thefathersbusiness.com. There are several resources available for purchase online, or you can buy them at The Carpenter's Shop Christian Bookstore on Highway 31 in Vestavia Hills.
Happy God-seeking!

No comments:

Post a Comment