Friday, January 28, 2011

Here we go again...

So, I decided that I want to do this blog thing, for real this time. I thought I'd have to create a whole new blog since I tried my hand at this once before, wrote three entries, and haven't posted again in about 16 months... Who knew if it even still existed? But as it turned out, it was still here waiting for me, so I'll just start over from here! Plus, maybe somebody is dying to know how Tyler and I met, what our wedding was like, and what we did the first year and a half of our marriage... Maybe.

Wow... So much has happened since the last time I posted. Where to begin??? Well, for starters, we had a baby! A precious, beautiful, sweet little miracle named Adelyn Parker Lowros. She was born on June 3, 2010 at 3:36 in the afternoon, and she hasn't stopped moving since! (Her mommy knew that would be the case, though, because she wasn't the least bit still even in the womb.) She was a tiny baby, weighing in at just 5 lbs, 4 oz... But she has been a HUGE blessing! What an incredible display of our great God's handiwork! (Psalm 139:14) The Lord is teaching me so much about His great love through this marvelous masterpiece of His.
Adelyn has been the easiest baby in the entire world; I am convinced of it! Tyler and I have been incredibly blessed, far beyond what we deserve. Adelyn has been sleeping through the night since she was six weeks old, and she has been the picture of health and happiness for the first (almost) eight months of her life. Praise Jesus! She loves people, riding in her carseat, basketball (I'm being serious), ceiling fans, books, empty water bottles, her Radio Flyer ATW (all-terrain wagon), peaches, and she is a huge Bama football fan... But the highlight of her life is bath time! She has ALWAYS loved the bath. We transitioned from the kitchen sink bathtub to the big-girl bathtub a couple of weeks ago, and she is having a ball with it! I can't wait to see her in the pool this summer... She loves the water. She began sitting up in December, and she has two teeth now! And oh my goodness, how she is learning! Tyler taught her to give him "five", and she plays patty-cake with her hands and her feet! This is all happening so fast! It's something new every day! What a ride...
God truly has blessed us so much; I just can't get my mind around it! Ever feel like you just can't thank Him enough? Like you can't even grasp the enormity of what He's done for you, can't get to the end of it so you would know exactly what all to thank Him for, even if you could thank Him enough? I feel that way a lot.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are blogging again! I LOVE seeing pictures of sweet Adelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristen!!! I am trying to get in the habit so I can be consistent about it. So everyone will just have to forgive me if the first few are boring as all... I am just trying to write even when I have nothing to write about, just to get myself in the habit, you know?

    ReplyDelete