Monday, September 14, 2009

How We Met

When my alarm clock woke me up on Sunday morning, September 24th, 2006, I will admit that I was tempted to go back to sleep. I had no one to attend church with me that morning, as I was living alone at the time and my former roommate Heather was now married and attending church together with her husband. I was nervous about going to church by myself (even though I had been there tons of times before), but I convinced myself to do it anyway, sure that God would bless me!

So I got ready and drove to the late morning service at the Church at Brook Hills in Birmingham. I went inside, found a seat, and the praise and worship music soon started. A few minutes later, three guys walked in looking for seats. As the GOOD Lord would have it, there were three empty seats to my right! They came and stood at those three empty seats as praise and worship continued. As usual, the music minister encouraged the congregation to greet one another between praise and worship and the morning message. That is when I officially met Tyler and his two roommates, Chris and Drew. As it turned out, Tyler and his roommates were actually regular attenders of another church (the church Tyler and I now attend and love, Church of the Highlands) and just happened to be running late that particular morning, so they had chosen to attend the later service at the Church at Brook Hills. I am so glad they did!

No comments:

Post a Comment